Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ryde St. Johns

I thought I`d post this image of a typical British street - I know theres people around the world that might be interested, so here it is! This is the central road in Ryde, a main road that all the traffic passing through Ryde to get to other destinations passes through.

The bridge and metal shed are Ryde St. Johns railway station. The Isle of Wight has a very short (only 10km) railway which uses former London Underground trains. Visitors think they're quaint! The railway begins at the top of Ryde Pier and continues to Shanklin.

View Satellite image of Ryde St. Johns @ Google Maps.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gerald (SK14) said...

Wow this looks just the same as it did when I was in Ryde nearly 50 years ago watching my father compete in the IOW Marathon!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That is a very lovely photo!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home